Forty-five students from Cypress-Fairbanks ISD have been selected to the Texas Music Educators Association (TMEA) all-state performing groups. To achieve all-state status, students begin auditions in November with thousands of music students from Texas.
The students were selected first to all-region, then all-area and all-state band, choir and orchestra groups.
“This is the highest honor a student in band, choir or orchestra may achieve in the state—a distinction representing less than 1 percent of all student musicians in Texas,” saysLarry Matysiak, director of fine arts. “This is a culmination of a lengthy process that began with rigorous auditions last November.”
The students will perform with the respective all-state organizations during the TMEA 2013 Clinic and Convention, to be held Feb. 13-16 in San Antonio.
The following Cy-Fair ISD students were selected to the all-state groups:
Cy-Fair High School
- Madi King, Julie Yu and Omar Soto.
Cypress Creek High School
- Michael Crocker.
Cypress Falls High School
- Melissa Du, Lauren Lafferty, Marguerite Lavin, Jordan Svehla, Michael Fortner, Thomas Kang and Evan Moynihan.
Cypress Ranch High School
- Caroline Compton, Katarina Galagaza, Akshay Daga, David Jew, Matt Pham, Ryan Willis and Avery Yebernetsky.
Cypress Ridge High School
- Andrea Montano and Dustin Hoang.
Cypress Springs High School
- Carla Garcia and Bryan Maynard.
Cypress Woods High School
- Shu-Chi Chang, Amanda Curry, Alison Dooley, Colin Gay, Peyton Howard, Blake Paterson, Matthew Stephens and Luke Tseng.
Jersey Village High School
- Tresor Brill, Jarell Comeaux, Caleb Knight, Jason Luo, Thomas Nguyen, Roland Rodriguez, Andrew Shiau and Jake Woodson.
Langham Creek High School
- Jessica Branas, Dakota Crespo, Leah Douglas, Jennifer Terlouw, Dillon Cox, Brandon Melendez and Kyle Smith.